Thursday, March 07, 2013

[Review] Poundland Chit Chat makeup range #1

Not really one of the places you'd expect to have a makeup line but Chit Chat is Poundland's very own. At first I didn't think much of the range due to the brand and not realising it was Poundland's own...I decided to purchase a few things just out of curiosity.


Chit Chat Cheek Tint (£1)
(dupe for Benetint and 2true's Lip n Cheek tint)
Looks deep red from the outside but very watery and the only downside of this would be that most of the product stained my finger rather than my hand (shown third slot)

This is worse than 2true's lip n cheek tint and I would not purchase this again. This wouldn't be of any use for my lips as it's heavily pigmented and it won't show up so...yeh that's £1 down the drain :( -sighs-.



Chit Chat Highlighter (£1)
(dupe for High Beam)
As this was the first highlighter I've tried I can't compare against any other brands but so far this works fine for me

I only apply this on my brow bone and above my cheekbone, just small dabs would do fine for me. A little goes a long way with this one though so have a disco ball for a face! The brush looked destroyed when I pulled it out of the pot...not pleased to use this but I only dab the product on my face then spread using my finger.

 
Chit Chat Highlighter brush: the brush has seen better days...


Chit Chat Gel Eyeliner (£1)
(a dupe for...?)
I didn't realise someone had already opened the pot so used that same area to swatch this post. The consistency is quite smooth but at least it wasn't flaking on my hand

The brush is rather small but I don't think it'll keep shape after a while so I might use my other liner brushes. My eyelids are quite oily after a few hours so I doubt this is even going to stay for an hour but I'll give this a try (at home).



Chit Chat Juicy Lipstick in Pink (£1)
(dupe for Revlon Balm Stain and Clinique Chubby Stick)
The packaging looks too similar to Revlon's Just Bitten but the lid doesn't stay put. It's more of a buttery feel like it's melting onto my lips which felt weird however the colour was quite nice as it wasn't too harsh but a nice shimmer



Chit Chat Juicy Lipstick in Coral (£1)
(dupe for Revlon Balm Stain and Clinique Chubby Stick)
I half expected the orange colour to be really bright but like the pink there's the shimmer but a nice hint of the colour intended
Again the buttery feel for both the lipsticks was probably the only negative point for me personally but I've used the Pink a few times just to give me a nice hint of pink.


~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~


I'm contemplating whether or not to purchase the other products in the Chit Chat range but being aware of the dangers in poorly made cosmetic products I'll have to see if any problems have occurred since releasing more products lately (or so I've noticed).

Personally I prefer Superdrug's MUA over Chit Chat but there's always the idea of having cheaper products to practice with or to be a good dupe for, etc. But that's just me so everyone is different when it comes to personal preferences. :)





(•‿•)

Mucho love,


Tofu x

2 comments:

  1. Interesting review; Let us know what you think after using the products for longer now... Have you bought some more? I don't wear make up but would like to start (at almost 40 lol); but I would like to experiment with cheap product until I know what I am doing... I've ordered some ELF products which are quiet cheap too (have not received them yet):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the liquid lip cheek tint it's too light because most of the product transfer onto my fingers instead so I opt for 2True's version from Superdrug. Never fails me :)
      The highlighter is good but only use it when I have a full face of makeup as my face is shiny due to my skin type so yeah. Ideal for cold season for me.
      The eyeliner I haven't used yet as I have felt tip eyeliners and the lip products they're nice to add colours for the summer :D but melty so I do the dabbing motion then use my fingers to spread the colour across my lips

      Tofu x

      Delete